Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chicken Lasagna

Found this recipe in Taste of Home's "Cooking for 2" fall, 2005.  I love these recipes because they're just right for 2 people.  The first time I made it, I followed the directions exactly; the second time, I was already into it and realized I only had 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce.  What to do!  So, I improvised, and added more mozzarella.  It came out great! I've rearranged the recipe a little from the original:

spray an 8x4x2 inch pan (the size of a bread pan),  with cooking spray

start cooking 4 lasagna noodles to desired doneness

grate 6 oz mozzarella, set aside

in 1 Tbsp oil:
saute 6 oz chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup sliced mushrooms (I didn't put these in - Bob hates mushrooms!)
2 tbsp chopped onion
1 garlic clove (I used a teaspoon of the garlic in a jar)

add 1 Tbsp flour to 1 cup Alfredo sauce
add to chicken, bring to a boil

while that's coming to a boil:
combine 3/4 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan, shredded (plus 2 tbsps for later)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 dried parsley flakes

when all is done, layer noodles, cut to fit, Alfredo/chicken mixture, cottage cheese mixture, and mozzarella, like you would a regular lasagna, ending with mozzarella and the 2 extra tbsps shredded Parmesan

cover, bake 30 minutes, uncover, bake an additional 10 minutes

enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment